Do you have questions about how the upcoming legalization of recreational marijuana will affect your business? The Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce is hosting a seminar to assist with understanding the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act, which will take effect on Jan. 1, 2020.
Attorneys from Brown Hay & Stephens LLP will discuss what this legislation means and how it will affect employers and employees.
Topics discussed will include:
- Overview of the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act
- Important issues for employers
- Identifying impairment and best practices
- Industry specific impacts
- How CBD and hemp differ from cannabis
The seminar will take place on Wednesday, Dec. 4 at the Chamber office, 501 E. Capitol Ave. Lunch will be served at 11 a.m., followed by a presentation and question and answer session from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. The cost is $49 per person or $65 after Nov. 26. Click here for more information or to register.