The Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce will hold the 33rd annual Small Business Awards on Tuesday, June 19 from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza Springfield.
The Chamber’s Small Business Awards, presented by Hickory Point Bank, recognizes area small business people for their outstanding achievement in five different business categories. Regular attendees include area business owners and leaders, local and state politicians, and small business advocates and employees.
The cost to attend is $40 for members or $60 for non-members. Contact Bri Coons at 217-523-1173 x216 to register.
The 2017 Small Business Award nominees are:
Not-For-Profit Business Director of the Year
- Angela Bertoni – Sojourn Shelter & Services, Inc.
- Gus Gordon – Hoogland Center for the Arts
- Christine Lindsey – Family Service Center
- Pamela Molitoris – Central Illinois Foodbank, Inc.
- Polly Poskin – Illinois Coalition Against Sexual Assault (ICASA)
- Colleen Stone – Habitat for Humanity of Sangamon County
- Jessica Tharp – Better Business Bureau of Central Illinois
- Mia Woods – Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Illinois Capital Region
New & Emerging Business Owner of the Year
- Mike & Brie Allison – Hand of Fate Brewing Company
- David Bourland – David Bourland Gallery
- Cari Claussen – Country Lane Memory Care Assisted Living
- Kendra & Justin Cooper – Cooper’s Hospitality Inc.
- Mark Cortesi – Mark Cortesi State Farm Insurance
- Eleana & Ross Fielding – Fields of Sweets
- Spencer Goff – Sage Finance Group
- Martin J. Haxel – Haxel Law
- Tara Davlin Holcomb – The Farmstand by Willow City Farm
Small Business Owner of the Year
- Laura & Chris Camp – Simply Fair
- Ted Galassi – Artisan Stone Products
- Melissa Hamilton – Synergetic Solutions DBA Your Corner Office, Inc.
- Brett Jackson – Systemax Corporation
- Melanie & Colin Jacobs – Best Expo, Inc.
- Tina Johnson – Maids R Us, Inc.
- Shaun Lambert – Lambert Custom Pools
- Bill McGee – McGee State Farm Agency
- Richard & Cynthia Pottier – KnR Tomahawk Awards
- Tina & Darrell Simmermaker – West of Wise Winery
- Jennifer Wagner – MASCO Packaging & Industrial Supply
- Jyl & Bob Waller – My Friends Discovery Center
Lifetime Award – Small Business Owner of the Year
- Brian Maloy – Gietl Brothers, Inc.
- Richard Solomon – Solomon Colors, Inc.
- John Staff – Staff Carpet
- Doug & Mike Sutton – Sutton’s
- Carl Fischer, Forrest Hoffman & Paul Wheeler – FWAI Architects, Inc.
Outstanding Civic Involvement – Small Business Owner of the Year
- Val & Chris Butler – Butler Funeral Homes & Cremation Tribute Center
- PJ Staab II – Staab Funeral Homes
- Deb West – Mid-West Family Broadcasting
Leave A Comment