Break out your ruffled shirt and eyeliner and join Downtown Springfield, Inc. in celebrating what would have been Prince’s 60th birthday while supporting revitalization efforts in the heart of our city. On Thursday, June 7 from 5:30-8:30 p.m. DSI will host “Underneath the Purple Rain” at the Barker family farm, located at 4491 Old Chatham Road in Springfield. Tickets are $75, which includes heavy appetizers courtesy of various local restaurants and an open bar, courtesy of Robert “Chick” Fritz, Inc.
With your support, DSI continues to focus on programs and services to revitalize downtown, including:
- Spearheading solutions to myriad downtown public policy issues from graffiti to parking;
- Developing pro-business and pro-neighborhood strategies with our business members;
- Working to fill downtown vacancies and match-make spaces for businesses and residents alike;
- Creating activity in public spaces like the recent “refresh” of the Old State Capitol Plaza;
- Producing innovative activities like Downtown Open Streets, the At Alley Pop-Up and Farmers Market Street Dinner; and
- Managing the public art project ARTification and the Old Capitol Farmers Market
For more information or to purchase tickets, call 217-544-1723 or visit downtownspringfield.org.