Abhishek K. Kulkarni, MD, has joined the faculty of Southern Illinois University School of Medicine as an assistant professor in the division of cardiology. He is also a member of SIU HealthCare, the School’s group practice. Before joining SIU, Kulkarni completed a cardiovascular fellowship and internal medicine residency at Guthrie Clinic/Robert Packer Hospital (2016, 2012) in Sayre, PA. He earned his medical degree at Rajiv Gandhi Medical College in Thane, India (2006). Board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Kulkarni is a member of the American College of Cardiology and the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology. His research interests include dyslipidemia, hypertension, atrial fibrillation and coronary artery disease.
- City council to consider TIF money for flood mitigation at North Mansion Block
- SIU testing pilot project for Alzheimer’s patients
- Express brings Clydesdales to State Fair
- Dragon Fire Pizza making Springfield debut at State Fair
- City demolishes former Ridgely village hall after legal battle – Building permit roundup