The Springfield Area Transportation Study (SATS) has prepared the Draft FY 2015-2018 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) of road, bicycle, pedestrian, and mass transit projects in the Metropolitan Planning Area (MPA). Projects slated for implementation during each year are indicated along with the sources of funding. An Illustrative Projects List is also included to identify projects that are priorities for future transportation dollars made available to the area.
The draft plan is available for public review until October 7th as follows:
• on the SATS website, sscrpc.com (under Transportation)
• at the Springfield Sangamon County Regional Planning Commission office, 200 S. 9th St. Room 212
• at the Springfield Mass Transit District office, 928 S. 9th St.
• at Lincoln Library in the Sangamon Valley Collection
• at the Springfield Urban League, 100 N. 11th St.
• at Chatham Area Public Library
Comments on the plan should be submitted by October 7th via the following means:
• delivered or mailed to the SSCRPC 200 S. 9th St. Room 212 Springfield, IL 62701
• emailed to LindaW@co.sangamon.il.us
• via phone at 535-3110
The SATS Technical Committee will hold a Public Information Meeting on the TIP during their regular monthly meeting on Thursday, October 2nd at 8:30 AM to accept public comments as well.
The SATS Policy Committee is scheduled to take final action on the TIP on Thursday, October 9th at noon.
Members of the Springfield Area Transportation Study are the City of Springfield, Sangamon County, the Village of Chatham, the Springfield Mass Transit District, the Illinois Department of Transportation District 6, and the Springfield-Sangamon County Regional Planning Commission.